Tuesday, May 10, 2011

October 2009

Another trusting roommate Heidi allowed me to do her wedding cake.  This cake, was all cake.
 This cake was definitely very fun, and very interesting.  Heidi wanted red velvet cake with 10" rounds and a square middle.  Having only one 10" round cake pan at the time, I made over 12 batches of red velvet cake, one cake at a time.  I bought out the store of red food coloring and had to go to another to finish. 
 This cake was also very fun because I got to hand paint the design on each cake and since the bride wasn't picky, I got to be creative on what I did. 
 The interesting part of this cake is that I had to drive it from my little college apartment in Logan to Firth, Idaho where the reception was.  I recruited my roommate Audrey and my friend Megan next door to help me drive the five separate cakes in my little Honda Civic to Idaho.  6 Hours and my first speeding ticket later, the cake had been delivered and she loved it.  It turned out really well and I was so happy she let me make a cake for her special day.  Love you Heidi!
This is me standing next to the cake.  This was October of 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment